Sunday, June 12, 2005

Blog Blah Blog Blogopolis....

In order to keep the size of my "What's New" page at www.edroom.iwarp.com to a minimum, I now have taken the blog plunge. If you want to know anything about me before this blog you must go to the edroom website and read up on who I am, and what I am about. So there!

To start with, I will let you know this. If you plan on sending off-color replies, offensive remarks, hate filled stuff, or if your difference in religious, spiritual, political, or any other arena makes you upset with me, shove off! Fugetta-boutit! This is my blog, yeah see, it's all about me seee?

Of course your input, and questions are accepted, so don't feel like the preceding paragraph means no one will be able to have their word. I will try to visit here and post as often as I can. Or should I say, as often as I feel like it!

So enough of that, let's get started here! Sunday June 12th of 2005

Last Thursday afternoon, I had my second of the series of six of the tv promo and movie trailer voice acting class via teleconference with A-1 voice talent, Rodney Saulsberry! www.rodneysaulsberry.com We were working on what Rodney calls the "lush". It's that special sound when you can hear the soft expressive whoosh of air at the end of a word.

Yesterday, Saturday the 11th, I was priviledged to be involved in a multi-listener tele-interview with voice great Bob Bergen. www.bobbergen.com As a matter of fact, the company that Bob blogs through is the one I chose for this blog! Bob has a voice over/voice acting resume as long as I am tall, or longer! He's been involved in VO since he graduated from highschool. He is the new voice of Porky Pig and Tweety. The interview took place at 9am Pacific time until just after 10am and he shared a lot with us "gonna-bes". Notice, I did not say "wanna-bes"! I'm thinkin' positive here seeee! Bob is hosting a 3-day voice acting sea cruise to Ensenada, Mexico from the 15th to the 17th February of 2006, and I have already put my deposit in. I'm already excited about this! This interview is made possible through Susan Berkley's The Great Voice Company. www.greatvoice.com I am part of The Great Voice Company's "Silver Inner Circle" where we have special guest tele-interviews at least once a month, as well as critiqueing by Susan Berkley herself.

Later in the day yesterday, I went to The Second City acting class with Shatha Hicks. I got some good direction for my monologue. I am developing a monologue from the play "A Doll's House" by Henrik Ibsen. This being a play from the Norse language, and from the late 1800's, I am modernizing the phrases and some words, to make it more timeless. The scene that I'm using is from when Nora's husband Helmer finds reads "the letter" and confronts her about it.

Later I went to Super Pawn and purchased several classic used VHS movies for $2 each. I watched "The X-Men Evolution", and the animated "Flash Gordon-Marooned On Mongo". I listen to the voice-acting and look at the actors credits to see who was involved.

Today, for some reason I had a bout with depression, and took until later in the afternoon to conquer it. I missed church as well as my Second City IFA-2 class. I feel better now after forcing myself to get out in the sun for a drive, and I did a little window shopping at Super Pawn, and then at Wal-Mart. That seemed to help the most.

Well until we meet again. Reser-Voir or is it Au revoir?
Bye-now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home